As bad as this all was the out pouring from people here was incredible, before the fire was out they had a place to stay at his bosses cabin which was completely furnished, they had formula and diapers, for their baby, Miles, and some clothing and necessities. They weren't able to get the dogs out which was probably the biggest blow to the family, but the firefighters were able to get the bodies out later. Someone called an animal mortuary and let them know what had happen. The mortuary arranged for the dogs to be cremated for free and even came up from St. George to pick them up and deliver them. When their land lord found out what had happened they allowed them to move into another house in town that they owned. When they moved to the house one of the young women in another ward had arranged from couches, tables, beds, chairs, clothing and food to be brought and the support was overwhelming. They didn't have renters insurance and they lost almost everything so this was especially needed. Also many people gave money. I just have to say how proud I am of my neighbors although the first two days they were extremely stressed, they have been amazing in their attitudes and their optimism. I am also proud of the church and community. This is how we should work when someone is in need. They received so many clothes they didn't need them all, probably not even half of them so they gave them to other people who needed them. We counted at least 15 kids who got clothes that were needed from this. Wow! I'm not sure why this happened, the Lord works in mysterious ways, but I know he lives and loves us and I am so glad I have that knowledge!




There aren't any pics of the inside of the house on here, but it was pretty much charcoal all the way through. The little girl in the pic is the daughter of the family, Alyssa. They think the fire started from the BBQ on the back porch. Chad had made the potatoes and put out the coals, but with the wind blowing so hard, they think that a spark blew up into the eaves and it went very quickly from there mostly because of the wind. Luckily the owner of the home had insurance and should be able to rebuild. She said after it was rebuilt they could move back in, WOW, what a great woman. She knows that it was an accident and could have happened to anyone. WARNING: if your BBQ is next to your house I seriously suggest that you move it away!




10 comments:
Holy moly!! What a crazy story.
I'm confused (as usual. haha) I thught you were already on facebook and I just invited you to be my friend. I must be losing it. Anyhoo...I would send you another invit, but I don't think I have your email address. How pathetic am I?! At least now I have your blog link. Yay!
wow...I am having spelling issues.
wow nicole...that is a sad yet VERY incredible story. I am impressed by the outpouring of love. Hope your neighbor's pregnancy goes well for the rest of it. Prayers are with them.
Oh dear that terrible. Really! That's something no one should ever have to go through!
Pretty crazy stuff!! Way cool of everyone to give service to people in need.
Crazy. It sure makes you count your blessing huh! Your amazing sis and I sure do love you!
Wow! What a difference we can make in the lives of others when we come together. And what an incredible missionary opportunity! It sounds like this family has much to be grateful for. Thank you for being examples to all of us! Miss ya...
Holy Cow! I have been wondering what you guys were up to. Your family is so cute. How are you?
Best, Heidi Bahlmann
That is so terrible! I can't believe that happened! Let them know our prayers are with them! Hope you guys are having fun in disneyland!
Wow! I heard about this from Grandpa Woody when I was in Shelley one weekend! That's crazy, but I'm glad that the family's doing well.
Post a Comment