Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Alissa Turns 5!!!!

Alissa turned five today. Wahoo! She was so excited. She has been asking me for two months when it would be her birthday. And all she asked for was a bubblegum machine. (She has definitely lived up to her nickname "treats" Anyway. We had a birthday party and I let her invite anyone she wanted to. The only people we didn't get invitations to were the family ones (mostly cousins) that were out of town. So I bought all of her treats for her birthday after Easter at the Easter Clearance sale and so I decided to have an "Easter" egg hunt for her birthday party, but I didn't want all of the big kids to get all of the candy. So we had a egg hunting relay instead. I think it went pretty well. (Obviously I bought the cake.)Alissa hunting eggs for the relay.

Aubrey Yardley (Alissa's best friend)

Cadance trying to help Connor find some eggs. What a good helper.

-K so people might think I am crazy, but I am a firm believer that you invite all or none when it comes to b-day parties. So we had a lot of kids come. I think the kids had a good time and I know that Alissa did. She is such a wonderful little girl. We love you, Alissa!

5 comments:

dust and kam said...

Alissa's already 5?!?! Sheesh time flies!

Looks like a fun party! Your such a good mom!

(I'd LOVE to come camping, but that is our annual family reunion time, remember? :) Dang!)

Mitsy said...

Hey girl...I seen your "blog stalk comment" to mine. Thought I would come "stalk" you. hehe. Your family is sooo cute too. I love it! I added you to my list so I can keep "tabs" on ya. hehe. So glad your a fellow blogger!

The Damron's said...

looks like fun, sure do you miss you guys!

JaKell and Brandon said...

how fun! What a fun idea!

Happy Birthday Alissa!!!!

I agree with you..so we always invite a ton of kids, then I have to think of something cheap to do!

We had Tryen's 5th birthday yesterday we ended up inviting 53kids...luckly only 15 kids total were there. He has two pre-schools and a t-ball team (plus cousins and siblings)and was picking and choosing and people were feeling left out...so we invited them all. We had alot of fun..thank goodness for warm weather and $1 store water balloons!!!!! We filled aprox 800 and they had a great time!

Your kids are getting big! Funt to see them. Hope all is well, take care!
JaKell

Heidi said...

Nicole, It's me Heidi.. yes the Heidi that you roomed with up at Snow College. I can not believe that I found your blog site girl!!! I also found Kamie's blog as well!!!!! Your family is so cute!! If you do go to my blog (and I hope that you do) I look fat cause I just had a baby about 5 weeks ago:-( Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon:-)
www.thefrehner5family.blogspot.com